Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fortune and Friends

I love it when I find out that great things are happening to and for the people in this world that I love. I just found out today that Pinky and her man both are in line for rockin' jobs AND they will be closer to ME!

Also, all the people in my Dept. who were up for tenure and/or promotion got the same letter from Mr. University President Man (Mr. UPM)that I did.

And so did my husband (not from our Mr. UPM, but from his Ms. College President Woman).

PLUS, my big bro is going to start his own business. He has been unhappy for years in his job and has stayed with it because he makes good money. He decided this year to take the leap and go into business with a friend of his. He'll be doing pretty much the same thing as he does now but will be working for himself and building something. My Pop (of a place and generation who would rather be miserable and safe than take risks...much like me, actually) has been trying to talk him out of it. Me? I say go for it! I totally admire him for it and know that he has the talent and work ethic to pull it off.

Bring on the good news, people! My life may be steady state, but I love to live vicariously through the fortune of others!

update: even more good news from fab friends is rolling in as dissertations are being defended and even more jobs landed.

1 comment:

gwoertendyke said...

hey voicemail friend....this is really awesome news (much i knew of course) but the other stuff is very cool indeed. i'm hoping pinky and partner are on their way nearer to you.

and i miss you. let's "lunch" next week.