- I am up really early on a Saturday morning to run in a fun 5k that is held in honor of St. Pat's day every year. The thing I love most about this run? Costumes and green beer!
- One of the weird things about this year as my tenure file makes its way through the many people and committees who weigh in on my career and livelihood is that the process is largely silent and mostly hidden from me. I put my life in its tidy white banker's box back in September and have not heard boo about it since. Until Wednesday when I was running some errands that took be to the outer office of a Big Administrator and there, right in front of the secretary's desk for all the world to see, was a tidy white banker's box with the name "lil'rumpus" in bold black letters. The recommendations for tenure are due to hit the Uni Pres. office in a week or so. Does this mean that lil'rumpus was last? Is that bad? Was BA cynical and weary this late in the process? sigh...hidden was better.
- Winter got my letter.
- How does one convince their father to get a hearing aid? I had a mostly funny but still kind of serious conversation about this with my brother yesterday. He called because he got what he thought was a strange email from my husband about the impending nuptials of brother's ex-wife. You see, my dad had told me that the ex was going to get married this month on the birthday of youngest niece (a birthday youngest niece already shares with the ex) and we all thought that was crappy of the ex and my husband was emailing bro about it. Turns out that my dad got almost none of that conversation right. Yes, ex is getting remarried but not on niece's birthday and not until the fall. I usually think that my dad is willfully tuning us out (his new wife talks incessantly so I could totally understand him honing skills of looking interested while ignoring someone), but turns out that he really can't hear sounds of a certain pitch (like niece's voice, for example). So, how does one broach this subject with one's father?
- I hate shaving my legs. I bring this up because I plan to run in shorts today and haven't shaved for a very long time. Lawn mower, anyone?
- The plant (I think it is an elephant ear...but I know nothing of plants) that is in a pot next to my chair keeps dripping stuff from the tips of its leaves onto the floor. Why?
Saturday, March 15, 2008
RBOC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment