Thursday, December 07, 2006

Calling All Christmas Cooks!

I need recipes! Many many yummy, gooey, delicious, Christmas cookie and bread and dessert recipes!

I have never been responsible for the Christmas baking in our family. Usually that role goes to my mother-in-law (when we visit my husband's side of the family during Christmas) or (before she passed away) my mom, or (before this year when the big divorce happened) my former sister-in-law. This year husband and I are wrapping ourselves up and trudging to the far north for Christmas with my family at my dad's house. This means that my brother and I have been menu planning and grocery list compiling for the main dinner event. BUT, there must be sweets, I say!

Here's the rub. I won't get to dad's house in time to bake. This means that I need recipes that I can easily freeze, that I can throw in our luggage, and that will survive the baggage handlers at the airport. And/or recipes that will easily ship via regular post or UPS.

Please share your Christmas favorites! Heck, it would be great to see them in the comments, but if you were struggling for a blog post and want to use the recipe for that, great!

Thanks!!!!!

6 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Hee! Your post was the first one I read after cracking up at this one over at StyleyGeek's, so I'll just point you over there for recipes.

luckybuzz said...

Mmmmm....your post just made me think of Buckeyes, the official "cookie" (they're not really a cookie, though) of my hometown. Mmmm. They freeze and ship well--my sister made and sent me a batch for my wedding. No one doesn't like them. :)

lil'rumpus said...

OMG, LB, how did you know that I am crazy about peanut butter??!! I am totally going to make these when i get to the tundra. My nieces should love the dipping in chocolate part! Thanks!

Love the lead to styleygeek's, Pilgrim. It is like a recipe AND an adventure :)

Chaser said...

I really like gingerbread, and I made these bars and they were really good.

Michael LeVan said...

pecan crescents are some of my favorites. I'll try to dig up some old recipes my mom gave me years ago and post a few gems.

lil'rumpus said...

Thanks a bunch Dr. L and Dr. M! I really needed something to get me out of the chocolate groove.