Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In four, three, two, and

I've made it through the first obstacle on the course to aerobics fabulousness!

It was cwwwwaaaaazy! I realized, as I was waiting for the appointed hour to arrive, that all of my coping mechanisms for performance anxiety simply wouldn't do in this instance. Not to mention that I was completely flabbergasted by the fact that I was having performance anxiety at all. Seriously. I have had minor moments on stage in the past, and even directed a thing or two, but to have those feelings for THIS??!! I mean, sheesh!

Getting back to the coping mechanisms. Usually I smoke. Alot. To cope, I mean. I have spent many a moment sitting or standing in the designated smoking corner outside of a theatre or auditorium getting ready to go onstage. But when one is preparing for an aerobics audition....well, not so much for the smoking.

So...I paced.

and wondered why the heck I was having performance anxiety for a stupid fitness instructor job.

jury is still out on that one.....but

I have made it to phase two where I have to teach both aerobics and a sort of weight lifting type segment.

And, oh! In book world, I heard from the publisher. Seems that they are waiting to hear from reviewers to respond to the request to review...and they want the images that I have indicated that I may use (but am worried about permissions for).

and five, six and seven, eight.

3 comments:

Hilaire said...

Performance anxiety isn't surprising, I don't think, in such a situation, given the very particular way it involves - displays - the body.

But anyway - you rock! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I second hilaire's thoughts regarding the body. Also, the anxiety may be a result of your being out of your element, so to speak. Not in the sense of your not be able to perform well, but in the sense of not being on your regular type of stage.

Regardless, FANTASTIC news all around! You rock, l'r!

Sfrajett said...

Wow. I admire you--your audition makes me think of my current television obsession, So You Think You Can Dance. Congrats about the manuscript! I checked the Library of Congress database for some image permissions, and you can also buy images from art graphics companies online, but you probably already know this. Good luck with it all!