Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ABC's

A meme I like. Last seen at MaggieMay’s.

Accent: I grew up in Minnesota. Once I moved to the southwest, it took me 3 years of enduring people asking me to “say the word that is spelled r-o-o-f!” or “say the word that is spelled a-b-o-u-t!” before “roooooof” and “aboat” became “roof” and “about.” I sort of miss my accent. Whenever my mom would call and leave a message on the answering machine when I was in grad school, my roommates would play it over and over again, simply not believing that Fargo may not have been too far from the mark. Ya, I dooo sort of miss it. You betcha!

Booze: wine. Sometimes beer, but mostly wine.

Chore I hate: I think this is a tie between cleaning the bathtub and general tidiness. I’m the sort who likes to throw bags, books, purse, keys, mail etc. on whatever surface that happens to be handy. Whenever I “put something away,” I lose it. If it is out in the open where I can see it, my chances for finding it increase tenfold. This drives my husband CRAZY.

Dog or Cat: I am a cat person who has a dog (who is oddly very catlike). I wanted to have a cat, too, but the misery that my husband would go through as a result of allergies prevented it.

Essential electronics: not many, really. Computer, of course, but I need a new laptop so desperately that I sort of avoid the one I have. Just recently (finally) got an iPod and am getting to love jogging with it.

Favorite cologne: nope. I don’t even use smelly lotion. Not because of any reason other than laziness.

Gold or silver: silver all the way.

Hometown: rural Minnesota.

Insomnia: occasionally. Usually brought on by stress and stress-induced crazy nightmares. Most recent edition was a serial killer that could rival any made-for-t.v. thriller.

Job title: assistant professor

Kids: nope.

Living arrangements: 3(ish) bedroom house. Anyone know a good technique for taking wallpaper down? From the CEILING??!!

Most admirable trait: I can keep a secret or confidence pretty well.

Number of sexual partners: You’ve got to be kidding!

Overnite hospital stays: one. Had some abdominal surgery. Boy, you never truly understand the full depth of the meaning of “core” until your abs have been severed. Yikes!

Phobias: fire.

Quote: nope. Got nothin’

Religion: raised Lutheran (in MN, go figure….Garrison is really not far from the mark). Now, not so much.

Siblings: one older brother.

Time I wake up: until recently, 3ish. Since the time change, more like 5ish.

Unusual talent or skill: I don’t know if this is unusual, but I have this ability to visually perceive the capacity of space. For instance, I always choose the right size plastic container to put leftovers in and I can pack a moving van like a champ.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: *refuse* to eat??? Me??? I suppose I avoid anything green that has been cooked beyond recognition.

Worst habit: letting stress produce fear produce procrastination and avoidance.

X-rays: teeth, abdomen.

Yummy foods I make: I love to cook. I make a bunch of stuff that I enjoy but nothing is really standing out at the moment. Recent meals at my house include a prosciutto wrapped salmon with roasted asparagus and couscous, southwestern flavored turkey burgers with a black bean succotash, shrimp curry, goat cheese and sundried tomato stuffed chicken breasts with risotto.

Zodiac sign: Aries

1 comment:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

[head spins at the idea of someone wallpapering a ceiling...]